A £205,000 resurfacing scheme is due to commence on 6 February 2023 on the A2 Clooney Road between Caw and Gransha Roundabouts.
The resurfacing works will extend for a distance of 350 metres from the Caw Roundabout continuing north-eastwards to the Gransha Roundabout. The works are scheduled to last for five weeks and will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
To help ensure the safety of road users and workers it will be necessary to implement localised lane closures from 9.30am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday. During the final carriageway resurfacing it will be necessary to close the road from 7.00 pm on 10 March to 5.00 am on 13 March 2023.
Access for residents and landowners will be maintained and a diversion route will be signed. Road users are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling in the vicinity of the road works.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2023/24 Quarter One’ published 29 September 2023
- The draft Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2030 Annual Statistical Report, 2023 is published 28 September 2023
- Newry Southern Relief Road – Community Information Event 28 September 2023
- Public Transport Statistics Northern Ireland 2022-23 statistical report published 27 September 2023