A resurfacing scheme on a section of the A5 Omagh Road, Ballygawley between Shantavney Road and Glencull Road will commence on Monday 27 July 2020.
The segregated footway adjacent the carriageway will be resurfaced to enhance this provision for pedestrians.
To complete the scheme safely, it will be necessary to implement a Lane Closure from 8.00 am on Monday 27 July to 6.00 pm on Saturday 5 September 2020. Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to implement a 40mph speed limit and prohibition of overtaking. A 10mph speed limit will also apply during the works through use of a convoy system.
In addition a full road closure will be in place from 6.00 am on Saturday 8 August to 6.00 am on Monday 10 August 2020 during which the road will be fully closed to all traffic. During this closure a two way signed diversion will be in place via A4 Ballygawley, Augher, Clogher, Fivemiletown, Enniskillen, A32 Irvinestown, Dromore and Omagh.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Resurfacing scheme for A47 Killadeas Road at Ballycassidy 10 August 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Mowhan Road, Markethill 10 August 2020
- Resurfacing scheme Main Street and Mullavilly Road, Laurelvale 07 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for A29 Desertmartin Road and B41 Main Street, Tobermore 07 August 2020