A resurfacing scheme on Victoria Drive and Victoria Road, Bangor will re-commence on Monday 15 June 2020.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement a daily weekday (Monday – Friday) road closure on Victoria Road between the hours of 9.00 am and 4.30 pm from Monday 15 June 2020 to Friday 10 July 2020. A signed diversion route will be in place via Clifton Road, High Street and Holborn Avenue.
The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure at firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on press 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020