A £311,000 resurfacing scheme on Mowhan Road, Markethill is due to commence on Monday 17 August 2020.
The improvement work will extend a distance of approximately two kilometres from its junction with the Cladymilltown Road to just south of the Tullyallen Road junction.
To complete this scheme safely, a daily weekday road closure will be in operation from Monday 17 August to Friday 11 September between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm. During these times a diversion route will be signed as follows B78 Mowhan Road, B3 Newry Street, A28 Gosford Road, B133 Bessbrook Road, C212 Glenanne Road and B134 Mowhan Road.
The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday. Local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 11 September 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020
- £250,000 road and footpath improvement scheme for Clady Road, Clady 23 September 2020