A £191,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on A2 Market Street, Ballycastle will commence on Monday 8 August 2022.
The works which will extend for a distance of approximately 0.55 kilometres will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a road closure between the hours of 7.30 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 8 August 2022 until Wednesday 17 August 2022. During these times diversions will be in place via:
- A2 Diversion: Castle Street - Leyland Road; and
- Moyle Road Diversion: Leyland Road - Castle / Anne Street - Rathlin Road - Atlantic Avenue.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 17 August 2022 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
2. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2022-23 Quarter One’ 30 November 2022
- £350,000 investment in rural roads in Armagh area 29 November 2022
- £584,000 resurfacing scheme for Grange Blundell Road, Armagh to commence 28 November 2022
- Action Plan for Electric Vehicle Infrastructure published 25 November 2022