A £443,000 carriageway and footway resurfacing scheme on Main Street, Ballykelly, will commence on Monday 26 September 2022.
The resurfacing works which will be undertaken from near Drumond Park and extend for approximately 600m to Station Road will deliver significant benefits for residents and road users on this part of the trunk road network between Derry and Belfast.
To facilitate the scheme it will be necessary to implement a series of full road closures. These will be in place overnight from Monday 26 September until Friday 7 October 2022 between the hours of 7.00pm and 7:00 am.
During these times a signed diversionary route will be in place via A2 Clooney Road, Crescent Link, Glenshane Road, Foreglen Road, Barnanailt Road, Moneyrannel Road, Lisnakilly Road and A2 Ballykelly Road.
The road closures will not apply during the weekend of Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 October. Lane closures along the scheme will also be required during the week commencing Monday 10 October to allow for the replacement of road markings.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 14 October 2022, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any unforeseen changes.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time for their journey.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 6.00pm and 8.00am Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- O’Dowd grants planning permission for Kells Solar Farm 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Carnreagh Road, Hillsborough 06 October 2022
- O’Dowd joins pupils to celebrate 50th Anniversary of Road Safety Teaching Calendar 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Lough Road, Lisburn 06 October 2022