Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick will benefit from a £250,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme which is due to commence on Monday 20 July 2020.
The improvement work will extend a distance of approximately 740m from its junction with Edward Street to its junction with Ballyhornan Road. The scheme includes resurfacing of the carriageway and upgrading of road drainage.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Monday – Friday) between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 20 July to Saturday 29 August 2020. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via Edward Street, Ardglass Road and Ballyhornan Road.
The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 29 August 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road improvement scheme for Cable Road, Whitehead 14 August 2020
- Resurfacing Scheme for Ballybuttle Road, Millisle 14 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Dungannon Road, Cookstown 13 August 2020
- Mallon announces Regulatory Recovery Support for Buses and Taxis 13 August 2020