A £200,000 resurfacing scheme will commence on a section of the B34 Killyman Road on 18 January 2021.
The scheme will include structural strengthening and resurfacing of the stretch between Killymeal Road and Bush Road.
Due to the nature of the scheme and to ensure it is completed safely, it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Monday to Friday) between the hours of 8.30 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 18 January until Friday 30 January. A two way diversion for the road closure will operate via the A29, Northland Row, Ranfurly Road, Moy Road, U7522 Gortmerron Link Road, and B34 Killyman Road.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure. Access for property owners will be accommodated.
Completion of the work by 30 January is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: TrafficWatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- LED street lighting upgrade for Newcastle Main Street 15 January 2021
- Publication of DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – December 2020 15 January 2021
- Road improvement scheme at Dublin Road, Castlewellan to commence 14 January 2021
- LED Street Lighting Upgrade Scheme, St Canice’s Park, Eglinton 14 January 2021