A £320,000 resurfacing scheme on Cregagh Road, Belfast is due to commence on Monday 31 August 2020.
The scheme, which extends in both directions between Tildarg Street and Onslow Parade will include resurfacing of the carriageway and adjacent advisory cycle lane and bus lane.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be completed under overnight road closures, between the hours of 7.30 pm and 6.00 am, from Monday 31 August until Tuesday 8 September. During these times access for residents will be maintained and a diversionary route will be clearly signed for traffic via Castlereagh Road and Ladas Drive.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, however road users should allow additional time when planning their journey and comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.. We would like to thank residents in advance for their patience as we complete these essential maintenance works as efficiently as possible.
Completion of the work by 8 September is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit the trafficwatchNI website.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020