A £135,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Coolnacran Road, Loughbrickland is due to commence on Wednesday 8 September 2021.
The improvement work will extend a distance of approximately 1700 metres from its junction with Ballygowan Road to its junction with Lagannanny Road. The scheme includes resurfacing of the carriageway and upgrading of road drainage.
Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of all who use it. I would like to thank local residents and businesses in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Monday – Friday) between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Wednesday 8 September to Friday 24 September 2021. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via B3 Lagananny Road, Lisnagrade Road and Ballygowan Road.
The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 24 September 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon extends temporary changes to major planning application process 24 September 2021
- Infrastructure Minister announces appointments to the Board of the Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 23 September 2021
- Competition Launched for Non-Executive Board members 23 September 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Old Holywood Road, Belfast 22 September 2021