Bessbrook Road, Markethill will benefit from a £300,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme which is due to commence on Monday 29 June 2020.
The improvement work will extend a distance of approximately 2km from the junction with the A28 Gosford Road to approximately 275m south of the junction with Derrycughan Road. The scheme includes resurfacing of the carriageway and upgrading of road drainage. Delays are possible and we would ask for road users to be patient during the works.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Monday – Friday) between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 29 June to Friday 31 July 2020. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via A28 Gosford Road, Drumnahunchin Road, Maytown Road and Main Street, Bessbrook. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week, all day Saturdays and Sundays and on Monday 13 July 2020. Local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 31 July 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020