A resurfacing scheme on a section of the A505 Barony Road, Mountfield, near Omagh, between Greencastle Road and Creggan Crossroads, will commence on Monday 1 June 2020.
To complete the £140,000 scheme safely, it will be necessary to implement a two week road closure between 9.30 am and 4.30 pm on Monday to Friday each week. A diversion will be in place via Greencastle Road/Crockanboy Road for Cookstown bound traffic and Creggan Road/Drumnakilly Road/Hospital Road for Omagh bound traffic.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. We reiterate the advice that only essential travel should take place. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartrmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020