A £140,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Ballybuttle Road, Millisle will commence on Monday 17 August 2020.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of 1170 metres over its entire length from the junction with Moss Road to the junction with Abbey Road.
To complete the scheme safely a daily road closure will be in operation on Ballybuttle Road from Monday 17 August 2020 until Friday 25 September 2020 between the hours of 8.30 am and 4.30 pm. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings and at weekends and access for residents will be maintained throughout.
A signed diversion route will be in place via Moss Road, Ballywalter Road and Abbey Road.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Completion of the works by 25 September is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020
- £250,000 road and footpath improvement scheme for Clady Road, Clady 23 September 2020