A £469,000 resurfacing scheme on the B25 Rostrevor Road, Hilltown and B25 Kilbroney Road, Rostrevor will commence on Monday 23 January 2023.
The improvement work on Rostrevor Road will extend from the junction with Newry Road to the junction with Mullaghgariff Road and on Kilbroney Road from the Newtown Road junction to Shannowen. The works include resurfacing of the carriageway with upgrading of road drainage.
To help ensure the safety of those using the road and to facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure from Monday to Friday, 9.30 am to 4.30 pm, commencing on Monday 23 January 2023 until Friday 31 March 2023.
An alternative route will be signed with northbound traffic to Hilltown being diverted via A2 Warrenpoint Road - B7 Upper Dromore Road - B7 Bridge Road - B7 Chapel Hill - B8 Hilltown Road. Southbound traffic to Rostrevor will be diverted via B8 Newry Road - B7 Chapel Hill - B7 Bridge Road - B7 Upper Dromore Road - A2 Rostrevor Road.
The road will be open to traffic during evenings and weekends with local access for residents and emergency services maintained at all times.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience to the public, road users may experience delays and are advised to allow extra time for their journey.
Completion of the work by 31 March 2023 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Resurfacing scheme for B30, Newry Road, Lislea 03 February 2023
- Road improvement scheme for A2 Clooney Road, Caw to Gransha Roundabouts 03 February 2023
- Road improvement scheme for Cherry Road, Belfast 31 January 2023
- Resurfacing works at Coalisland Road, Dungannon to commence 27 January 2023