A road resurfacing scheme on the A6 Glenshane Road, Maghera at the Five Mile Straight / Glen Road junctions will commence on Monday 28 August 2023.
The resurfacing works will extend for 550 metres across these junctions and will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface quality of this road for many years to come.
To help ensure the safety of those using the road and to facilitate the works a contraflow traffic management system, maintaining two-way traffic flow, will be in operation for the duration of the scheme.
The C552 Five Mile Straight and Glen Road will also be closed at their junctions with the A6 Glenshane Road for the duration of the works. Signed diversionary routes will be in place.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 30 September 2023. The Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time for their journey.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra, on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on LinkedIn at DfILinkedIn
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2023/24 Quarter One’ published 29 September 2023
- The draft Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2030 Annual Statistical Report, 2023 is published 28 September 2023
- Newry Southern Relief Road – Community Information Event 28 September 2023
- Public Transport Statistics Northern Ireland 2022-23 statistical report published 27 September 2023