The A5 Melmount Road between Strabane and Sion Mills will benefit from a £85,000 resurfacing scheme which is due to commence on Monday 15 June 2020.
The scheme will start at a point 110m south of the junction with Knockroe Road and proceed northwards along the Melmount Road for a distance of 235m. Lane closures will be in operation daily between 9.30 am and 4.30 pm from Monday 15 June to Friday 26 June. To facilitate the laying of the final surface course it will be necessary to implement a full road closure from 6.00 am on Saturday 27 June to 6.00pm on Sunday 28 June 2020.
The following diversionary routes will be in operation. Northbound traffic will be diverted via the B165 Bells Park Road, B49 Berryhill Road and C677 Orchard Road. Southbound traffic will be diverted via the B72 Derry Road, B72 Market Street, B72 Townsend Street, B72 Meetinghouse Street, B72 Milltown Road, B72 Liskey Road, B72 Fyfin Road and B165 Melmount Road.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
The work is subject to favourable weather conditions however the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: TrafficwatchNI at https://www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020