A £80,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the A46 Belleek Road, Enniskillen at The Brooke is due to commence on Monday 15 March 2021.
The scheme which includes resurfacing of the carriageway and upgrading of road drainage will extend a distance of approximately 350 metres from the junction with Henry Street to the junction with Rossorry Church Road.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement a full road closure between 9.00 am and 6.00 pm on Monday 15 and Tuesday 16 March 2021.
During these times a two way diversion will be in place, with traffic being diverted via A4 Sligo Road, B81 Ashwoods Road, Drumee Road and Derrygonnelly Road. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the works and local access for residents will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these roadworks and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to avoid the area whenever possible, allow extra time for their journey and follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
In the interests of public safety and the safety of the contractor’s workforce the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon – Hydepark Road scheme will create new opportunities for active travel 09 April 2021
- £500,000 resurfacing scheme for A36 Shaneshill Road, Larne 09 April 2021
- Essential maintenance works to start on M2 at Bellevue Bridge, Belfast 08 April 2021
- Mallon - Bus Drivers Deserve To Be Safe Doing Their Jobs 08 April 2021