A £350,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme will commence on a section of the A32 Tummery Road Irvinestown at Drumharvey on 23 November.
The scheme extends for a distance of approximately 1.2 kilometres from the speed limits in Irvinestown towards Dromore and includes resurfacing of the carriageway, upgrading of road drainage and improvement to the Tullynincrin Road Junction.
Preparatory works are already underway however in order to facilitate the resurfacing works it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Monday to Friday) from Monday 23 November until Friday 4 December between the hours of 9.30 am and 4.30 pm. Local access for residents will be maintained at all times although some delays may be experienced.
During the closures a two way diversion will be in operation. Traffic travelling from Dromore will be diverted via Fintona Road; Galbally Road; Main Street, Trillick; Kilskeery Road; Main Street, Ballinamallard; Enniskillen Road to A32 Mossfield Road. Traffic travelling from Irvinestown will be diverted via A35 Kesh Road; B72 Manoo Road; B4 Letterboy Road; Ederney; B4 Edenamobil Road; Lack; B4 Drumlish ROad to A32 Clannabogan Road.
A further road closure will be required in the New Year to facilitate the laying of the final surface layer. Details will be advertised in due course.
Completion of the first phase of the works by 5 December 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors. The Department has carefully planned these roadworks and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for Cromkill/Tullygarley Road and Toome Road, Ballymena 09 June 2021
- Mallon allocates budget of £19m funding for flood alleviation schemes 09 June 2021
- Extension of Non – Executive Member Appointments for the Board of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 08 June 2021
- Road resurfacing scheme for U8361 Crossmore Road and U8461 Mullaghmore Park, Keady 07 June 2021