Completion of resurfacing works on the A32 Irvinestown Road at Drumharvey is due to recommence on Monday 18 January 2021.
The improvement work will extend a distance of approximately 1.15 kilometres from the Irvinestown town limits towards the junction with Feglish Road. The scheme includes resurfacing of the carriageway, upgrading of road drainage as well as improvements to the Tullynin Road junction.
Due to the nature of the works it will be necessary to operate a road closure between 9.00 am and 4.30 pm from Monday 18 January to Friday 22 January 2021 to facilitate the laying of the final surfacing layers.
The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the works and local access for residents will be maintained at all times, although delays may be experienced.
Advanced information signage to advise the public of the pending closure will be in place and the diversion route will be signed. Traffic travelling from Dromore will be diverted via Fintona Road, B46 Galbally Road, Main Street Trillick, Kilskeery Road, Main Street Ballinamallard, Enniskillen Road to A32 Mossfield Road. From Irvinestown traffic will be diverted via A35 Kesh Road, B72 Manoo Road, B4 Letterboy Road, Ederney, B4 Edenamohill Road, Lack, B4 Drumlish Road to A32 Clanabogan Road.
The Department has carefully planned these roadworks and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 22 January 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- LED street lighting upgrade for Newcastle Main Street 15 January 2021
- Publication of DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – December 2020 15 January 2021
- Mallon receives new powers to provide further financial assistance scheme for taxi drivers 14 January 2021
- Road improvement scheme at Dublin Road, Castlewellan to commence 14 January 2021