A £160,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the A32 Enniskillen Road, Irvinestown at Castle Irvine is due to commence on Wednesday 31 March 2021.
Phase one of the work, which will extend a distance of approximately 400 metres from the Makenny Road to the Derrynanny Road, will improve the surface of the carriageway.
The main part of the scheme is due to commence week beginning 19 April and the Department will provide details nearer the time.
To facilitate the work it will be necessary to operate a road closure between 9.30 am and 16.30 pm on Wednesday 31 March and Thursday 1 April 2021.
During these times a diversion will be in place, with traffic from Irvinestown being diverted via Mackeney Road, Ballinamallard, Enniskillen Road, A32 Mossfield Road.
Traffic from Enniskillen will be diverted via A47 Killadeas Road, B534 Lisnarick Road and Church Street.
The road will be open to traffic in the evening during the works and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has carefully planned these roadworks and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of Phase one of the work by 1 April 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – March 2021 16 April 2021
- Mallon outlines action plan for the return of driving tests 15 April 2021
- Road improvement scheme for B2 Clare Road, Tandragee 13 April 2021
- Mallon: deeply concerned by railway incident 12 April 2021