A £60,000 maintenance scheme to carry out repairs to damaged safety barriers is due to commence on the A2 Clooney Road, Derry, on Wednesday 4 November.
The proposed works will stretch over approximately 6.5 kilometres of a section of the A2 Clooney Road dual carriageway between Maydown and Longfield Roundabouts. The work will be carried out between the hours of 9.30 am and 4.30 pm to help reduce impact on the public.
It is proposed to carry out the work in a phased approach by closing one lane of the dual carriageway in sections, therefore no diversion will be required. Roadside signage advising of the works will be placed in advance.
We would ask the public to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise extra care when travelling in the area.
Completion of the scheme by 18 November 2020 will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon opens five million pound financial assistance scheme for Private Coach and Bus Operators 27 November 2020
- Attitudes to Electric Vehicles in Northern Ireland 2019/20 has been published today 26 November 2020
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2020-21 Quarter Two 25 November 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Drumard Avenue, Tullyroan Drive, Fitzgerald Park and Old Rectory Park, Portadown 25 November 2020