A £90,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the A3 Cavan Road, Fermanagh will commence on Monday 16 December 2019.
The scheme will extend from 67 metres south of its junction with the Drumcrin Road to the border with the Republic of Ireland, a distance of approximately 650 metres. On completion, the scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
The scheme will require the Cavan Road to be closed for through traffic between the hours of 8.00 am and 5.00 pm daily from Monday 16 December 2019 to Friday 20 December 2019. Traffic will be diverted via Wattlebridge Road - Bridge Street - A34 Main Street - A34 Clones Road - R183 - N54 and vice versa from Clones.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents, businesses and emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
Completion of the work by Friday 20 December 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £138,000 road improvement scheme at Clifton Park Avenue, Belfast 20 January 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £215,000 resurfacing scheme on Shean Road, Forkhill 17 January 2020
- Publication of Travel to and from School by Pupils in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 16 January 2020
- New traffic signals scheme on the A2 Belfast to Bangor Road to commence 16 January 2020