A £85,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Slievenaboley Road, Dromore is due to commence on Monday 11 October 2021.
The improvement work will extend a distance of approximately 1300 metres from the junction of Grove Road to the junction of the B7 Rathfriland Road. The scheme includes resurfacing of the carriageway and upgrading of road drainage.
Minister Mallon said:
“This investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road while also upgrading the road drainage for the benefit of local residents. I would like to thank the public and local residents in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Monday – Friday) between the hours of 7.30 am and 6.00 pm Monday 11 October to Wednesday 20 October 2021. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via C308 Finnis Road and B007 Rathfriland Road.
The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and at the weekend. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained however some delays may be experienced.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 20 October 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road improvement scheme for Stoney Road, Dundonald 21 October 2021
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – September 2021’ 20 October 2021
- Mallon visits Mid Ulster on 20mph action for schools 20 October 2021
- £250,000 resurfacing scheme for A2 Donaghadee Road Roundabout, Bangor 19 October 2021