The next phase of work on the £800,000 resurfacing scheme on the A3 Monaghan Road, Armagh between Farnaloy and Milford will start on Monday 4 March 2019.
Work on the four kilometre scheme is expected to be completed by mid-April 2019.
Speaking on the scheme, Simon Richardson, Divisional Roads Manager for the Southern Area said:
“This investment of £800,000 will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface quality of the A3 Monaghan Road. This follows on from extensive preparatory works which included upgrading the existing road drainage measures.
“This scheme will help to improve road safety bringing benefits for many years to come to the road users who commute on this road every day.”
Due to the nature of the works it is necessary to close the road until mid-April and signed traffic diversions will be in place as follows:
- Armagh bound traffic will be diverted via the Coolkill Road and the Killylea Road.
- Monaghan bound traffic will be diverted via the Keady Road, Armagh Road, Kinelowen Street, Davis Street, B32 Castleblayney Road, R181 to Castleblayney, N2 and R213.
Diversionary routes on these roads will be clearly signed and local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with the road closure and diversions and to drive, cycle or walk with care when travelling through or in the vicinity of the works.
The Department has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public. However, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
The expected completion date of mid-April is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Works to commence on new shared footpath link from Broadway Roundabout to Bog Meadows 15 May 2019
- £165,000 resurfacing scheme in Newtownards Town Centre 10 May 2019
- £337,000 resurfacing works on A3 Dobbin Road, Richhill at Broomhill 08 May 2019
- £300,000 road improvement scheme for Harberton Park, Belfast 08 May 2019