An £80,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Canal Bank Road, Poyntzpass will commence on Monday 27 May 2019 for approximately two weeks.
The resurfacing work, which will extend a distance of approximately 2.2 kilometres, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Given the limited road width, and in order to complete the works safely and to the required standard, it will be necessary to close the road each weekday, while work is being carried out. Traffic will be diverted via Railway Street, Newry Road and Drumantine Road. Access for residents will be maintained and cyclists and pedestrians using the Ulster Canal towpath will be escorted through the site during working hours.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 10 June 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £100,000 road improvement scheme for Lisnagarvey Drive, Lisburn 16 August 2019
- £448,000 road improvement schemes for Melmount Road, Sion Mills. 14 August 2019
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2019-20 Q1 14 August 2019
- £340,000 road improvement works for Killyman Road and Trewmount Road, Dungannon 14 August 2019