£70,000 resurfacing schemes on the Shambles Roundabout and at Barrack Hill at its junction with Victoria Street Armagh will commence on Monday 16 April.
To facilitate the work it will be necessary to close the Shambles Roundabout on both Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 April at 7 pm, with roads reopening each morning again at 6 am. Traffic diversions will be signposted along Abbey Street, Irish Street, Windmill Hill, Convent Road, Lower Irish Street, Ogle Street, Thomas Street, Market Street, College Street and Lonsdale Road. HGV traffic wishing to travel through the city will be diverted via Ballycrummy Road, Killylea Road, Friary Road, Barrack Street, Mall West and Lonsdale Road.
The junction of Barrack Hill and Victoria Street will be closed on both Wednesday 18 and Thursday 19 April from 7pm to 6am the following morning with traffic being diverted onto Drumadd Terrace, Drumadd Road, College Hill and Mall West.
The Department has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements on both schemes which will be carried out over night to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys. Local access will be maintained during the improvements.
The above planned schemes are subject to favourable weather conditions, for information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Publication of the Public Transport Journey Planning in Northern Ireland statistical report 2017/18 21 March 2019
- Publication of the Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: Third Quarter 2018/19 Statistical Bulletin 21 March 2019
- Respect our road workers, they are working to improve your journey 21 March 2019
- £152,000 road improvement scheme for Ballinderry Industrial Estate, Lisburn 19 March 2019