A £70,000 resurfacing and reconstruction scheme on the B48 Lisnaragh Road, Aghabrack, Plumbridge is due to commence on Monday 24 July.
The road works will be carried out over a six week period and are due for completion by Friday 1 September.
Divisional Roads Manager Conor Loughrey said: “This significant investment will greatly improve the forward sight visibility at a bend on the Lisnaragh Road, just south of an area known as the Butterlope.”
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors the road will be initially closed for 16 days from Monday 24 July to Tuesday 8 August. Access for local residents and land owners shall be accommodated.
A diversion route through Donemana, Strabane & Plumbridge, via the Lisnaragh Road, Berryhill Road Victoria Road, Derry Road, Abercorn Square, Market Street, Spout Road, Ligford Road and vice versa will be in place.
The works have been programmed to minimise any inconvenience to the public. During the full 16 day closure additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
The above work is subject to favourable weather conditions. The Department for Infrastructure Roads wish to apologise for any inconvenience to road users and will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 90540007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440.
2. See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/72157669044006236
3. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Statement from the Department for Infrastructure following A6 court ruling 19 September 2017
- £95,000 road improvement scheme at A4 Sligo Road, Enniskillen 18 September 2017
- £170,000 road improvement scheme at Dromara Road, Hillsborough 18 September 2017
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator and Enforcement Statistics Quarter 1 2017-2018 14 September 2017