A £479,000 resurfacing scheme on the A26 Crankill Road (southbound) will start on Monday 16 September 2019.
The scheme which extends from Loughmagarry Road junction for 1.5km towards Ballymena, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by Friday 25 October 2019.
Due to the nature of the works it will be necessary to introduce lane closures in both directions from Monday 16 September 2019 until Sunday 29 September 2019 to construct carriageway cross-over points. A contra-flow system will then be in place from Monday 30 September 2019 until Tuesday 15 October 2019.
Lane closures will be used from Wednesday 16 October 2019 until Friday 25 October 2019 to reinstate the cross-over points. Access for local businesses and residents will be facilitated.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- The first Northern Ireland Planning Monitoring Framework 2018/19 has been published today 19 September 2019
- £78,000 Footway Reconstruction and Carriageway Resurfacing Scheme for Broughshane Street, Ballymena 18 September 2019
- £237,000 resurfacing scheme for A8 Ballymena Road, Larne 13 September 2019
- First phase of £185million A6 Randalstown to Castledawson Dualling Scheme officially opened 12 September 2019