A £475,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the A2 Millisle Road, Donaghadee will commence on Monday 21 October 2019.
The resurfacing work, which will extend a distance of approximately 1400 metres, and includes some stretches of footway, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Work will be carried out Monday to Friday and is expected to last for eight weeks.
The initial preparatory work will be carried out under a rolling lane closure with temporary traffic control between the hours of 9:30am and 4:30pm for a period of 6 weeks except for a short break during the Halloween holiday between Wednesday 30 October 2019 and Friday 1 November 2019.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will also be necessary to operate a road closure within the eight week work programme. The Department will keep the public informed of the closure in advance and details of traffic diversions will be clearly signposted.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 13 December 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £108,000 footway improvement scheme at Highfield Drive, Belfast 18 February 2020
- Update: New traffic signals scheme on the A2 Belfast to Bangor Road 18 February 2020
- Mallon announces £500,000 investment for A36 Moorfields Road, Ballymena 17 February 2020
- Mallon commits to turning Northern Ireland’s lights back on 17 February 2020