A £460,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Redrock Road, Armagh, is due to commence on Monday 23 September 2019 and complete on 13 November 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 2.4 kilometres along Redrock Road from its junction with Newry Road to the junction with the Seagahan Road. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Mon-Fri) between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm from Monday 23 September 2019 to Wednesday 13 November 2019. Traffic is being diverted via the A28 Newry Road and the Seagahan Road. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday. Two Sunday closures will be required in the latter stages of the works and details of these will be provided closer to the time.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 13 November is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £138,000 road improvement scheme at Clifton Park Avenue, Belfast 20 January 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £215,000 resurfacing scheme on Shean Road, Forkhill 17 January 2020
- Publication of Travel to and from School by Pupils in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 16 January 2020
- New traffic signals scheme on the A2 Belfast to Bangor Road to commence 16 January 2020