A £450,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on A2 Warrenpoint Road dual carriageway (Newry bound) will commence on Monday 14 October 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 1100 metres from Mound Road roundabout towards Newry. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate the following closures:
- Closure of Lane One and the hard shoulder from Monday 14 October until Sunday 3 November;
- Closure of Lane Two from Monday 4 November until Friday 15 November;
- Three weekend closures from Mound Road roundabout to Aughnamoira Road between 7.00 pm and 6.00 am from Friday 15 November until Monday 18 November; Friday 22 November until Monday 25 November; and Friday 29 November until Monday 2 December. During these times a diversion will be in place via A2 Newry Road – Duke Street – Upper Dromore Road – Milltown Road – Bridge Road – Chapel Hill Road and Newry Road.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion by 2 December is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Statistical press release – Publication of Walking and Cycling to and/or from work in Northern Ireland 2018/19 27 February 2020
- Mallon announces the purchase of new car vehicle lifts for all MOT centres 27 February 2020
- Mallon announces £150,000 street lighting scheme for A2 Belfast to Bangor Road 26 February 2020
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2019-20 - Q3 26 February 2020