Two resurfacing and carriageway reconstruction schemes will commence on the A5 Melmount Road, Sion Mills on Monday 26 August 2019.
Work on the two schemes will run concurrently and will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
The first scheme will extend from Marshall’s Row to Beech Park, a distance of approximately 410 metres and will cost £262,000. The second scheme costing £186,000 will extend from Seein Road to close to The Linen Green, a distance of approximately 190 metres.
In order to minimise disruption to traffic, the work will be carried out between the hours of 9.30 am and 4.30 pm Monday to Saturday. Most of the work will require lane restrictions but a full road closure will be needed for the final resurfacing, details of which will be advised at a later date.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned the work to minimise disruption, road users should expect some delays and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 27 September 2019 will be subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 90540007 or email email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 90378110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020