A resurfacing scheme on the C624 Killeenan Road, from the A505 Drum Road to the C621 Loughdoo Road, will commence today Wednesday 20 January 2021.
The scheme, which is approximately 3.8 kilometres in length, is scheduled for completion by Friday 12 February 2021.
In order to complete the scheme safely, it will be necessary to close the C624 Killeenan Road to through traffic, between the A505 Drum Road and the C621 Loughdoo Road, for the duration of the works.
A two-way traffic diversion will be in operation along the C621 Loughdoo Road and A505 Drum Road. Advanced warning signage for the closure has been provided and diversion routes will be signed as necessary.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by Friday 12 February 2021 is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- The DVA re-opens its practical driving test booking system for all customers with more capacity in the system 07 May 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Fenaghy Road, Cullybackey 06 May 2021
- Road improvement scheme for South Belfast 06 May 2021
- Mallon welcomes new bicycle repair station on Lagan Towpath at Lisburn 04 May 2021