A £385,000 resurfacing scheme on the Carnlough Road, Broughshane will start on Monday 16 September 2019.
The scheme which extends from 600m west of Loughloughlan Road for 2.7km towards Carnlough, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by Friday 25 October 2019.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to introduce a temporary speed limit with traffic controlled by the use of a convoy system through the works site.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £350,000 resurfacing scheme for Shaneshill Road, Larne 18 October 2019
- £120,000 road improvement scheme on Ballymaglave Road, Spa, Ballynahinch 17 October 2019
- £475,000 resurfacing scheme for Millisle Road, Donaghadee 16 October 2019
- £111,000 resurfacing scheme for Victoria Road, Larne 14 October 2019