A £370,000 resurfacing scheme for Townhill Road will start on Monday 30 March 2020.
The scheme which extends from Tamlagh Cross Roads towards Portglenone for approximately 1.9km is expected to be completed by Friday 29 May 2020.
This essential resurfacing work Is going ahead at this time as part of our commitment to continuing, for as long as possible, to deliver significant improvements to local communities and road users.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate weekday road closures between the hours of 7.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 30 March 2020 until Friday 29 May 2020 (excluding the Easter holiday period from Monday 13 April until Friday 17 April 2020).
During the road closure, a signed diversion will be in operation via Dreen Road, Lisnahunshin Road and Hiltonstown Road (and vice versa).
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020