A £355,000 resurfacing scheme for the A57 Templepatrick Road, Ballyclare will commence on Monday 20 February 2017.
TransportNI will resurface approximately 1130 metres of the A57 Templepatrick Road, Ballyclare from the Hillhead Road to 75 metres from the Ballynure Road.
To help minimise any inconvenience to the travelling public and local businesses the majority of this work is programmed to be completed using a one way closure, permitting traffic to flow towards Larne, with opposing traffic being diverted along the A8 to Corr’s Corner, the Ballyclare Road to Ballyrobert and along the Longshot Road to re-join the A57 Templepatrick Road. A temporary 40mph speed limit will be in force throughout the length of the works while one-way closure is in place.
The lane closures will commence on 20 February 2017 and continue until 17 March 2017.
A full closure of the A57 Templepatrick Road will be in place from 20 March 2017 to 24 March, to allow for final surfacing and all traffic will be diverted as above.
The scheme is expected to be completed on 24 March 2017.
As with all improvement schemes the above planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions and TransportNI will keep the public informed of any changes.
TransportNI has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchNI.com.
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
2. See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/72157669044006236/
3. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Commencement of a £120,000 road improvement scheme on the Old Monaghan Road, Clogher, County Tyrone 23 February 2017
- Publication of method of travel to/from school by pupils in Northern Ireland 2015/2016 23 February 2017
- A £100,000 road improvement scheme for Clooney Road, Maydown, Derry 23 February 2017
- £200,000 works to Milltown Bridge, Maghera completed 23 February 2017