A £350,000 road improvement scheme on Woodstock Road, Belfast will commence on Monday 16 September 2019.
The resurfacing work, which stretches from Halcombe Street to Tildarg Street, will greatly improve the surface quality of the carriageway in this area.
Due to the nature of the work it will be necessary to operate overnight road closures, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8pm and 6am.
To help ensure the safety of the public and road workers, road users are asked to follow signed diversionary routes, comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity of, the works.
The Department has carefully programmed the work to ensure it is completed as efficiently and safely as possible, however some disruption is expected and we would like to thank the public in advance for their patience.
The entire scheme is expected to be completed by 4 October 2019, however this is dependent on favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- The first Northern Ireland Planning Monitoring Framework 2018/19 has been published today 19 September 2019
- £78,000 Footway Reconstruction and Carriageway Resurfacing Scheme for Broughshane Street, Ballymena 18 September 2019
- £237,000 resurfacing scheme for A8 Ballymena Road, Larne 13 September 2019
- First phase of £185million A6 Randalstown to Castledawson Dualling Scheme officially opened 12 September 2019