A £350,000 footway and road resurfacing scheme on the A2 Culmore Road, Londonderry will commence on 6 January 2020 and is scheduled to last for twelve weeks.
The work will start at a point approximately 475 metres north of O’Donavan Road and end close to Culmore Point Road. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
To facilitate the footway resurfacing it will be necessary to implement lane restrictions from 9.15 am to 3.30 pm each day Monday to Friday however there may be work occurring outside of these times during the weekends.
Carriageway resurfacing will follow the footway work and advance notification of this work will be supplied nearer the time.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, roadusers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
The work is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £138,000 road improvement scheme at Clifton Park Avenue, Belfast 20 January 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £215,000 resurfacing scheme on Shean Road, Forkhill 17 January 2020
- Publication of Travel to and from School by Pupils in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 16 January 2020
- New traffic signals scheme on the A2 Belfast to Bangor Road to commence 16 January 2020