A £345,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Downpatrick Road, Killough will commence on Monday 27 May 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 1.8 kilometres from the Downpatrick Road/Station Road/Main Street Roundabout, Killough to the Ballygilbert Road junction.
The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road and improve road drainage.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 27 May 2019 to Friday 5 July 2019. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being via A2 Station Road/Killough Road/Killdare Street/Quay Street/Bath Street - B1 Downpatrick Road/Ardglass Road - Flying horse Road - B176 Killough Road/Downpatrick Road.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has carefully programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 5 July 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road improvement scheme for Pond Park Road East, Lisburn 21 September 2020
- Infrastructure Minister announces first phase of this year’s Park and Ride programme 18 September 2020
- £90,000 road improvement scheme at Colinmill, Dunmurry 18 September 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Coleraine Road, Ballycastle 18 September 2020