A £325,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on A2 Warrenpoint Road dual carriageway, Newry (Warrenpoint bound) will commence on Friday 8 December 2017.
The scheme, which will extend a distance of approximately 2km from the Aghnamoira Road junction to a point approximately 100m past the quarry entrance, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by Monday 11 December 2017.
Road closures will operate on the following dates and times:
- From 19:00 hrs on Friday 8 December 2017 to 7:00 hrs on Saturday 9 December 2017
- From 19:00 hrs on Saturday 9 December 2017 to 7:00 hrs on Sunday 10 December 2017
- From 19:00 hrs on Sunday 10 December 2017 to 5:00 hrs on Monday 11 December 2017.
Traffic will be diverted via A25 Sandy Street, A25 Rathfriland Road, B8 Newry Road (to Hilltown), B25 Rostrevor Road, Hilltown, B25 Kilbroney Road, Rostrevor, B25 Bridge Street, Rostrevor, B25 The Square, Rostrevor, A2 Warrenpoint Road, A2 Rostrevor Road, Warrenpoint, A2 Sea View Road, Warrenpoint, A2 Church Street, Warrenpoint, A2 Newry Street, Warrenpoint and A2 Newry Road, Warrenpoint. Diversionary routes will be signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
2. See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/
3. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Road users advised difficult driving conditions likely tomorrow morning 17 January 2018
- Work will continue today to keep roads clear, more wintery weather expected 17 January 2018
- Work to commence on £350,000 Comber Greenway widening scheme 17 January 2018
- £150,000 resurfacing scheme on Scotch Street, Portadown 16 January 2018