A £316,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Whitepark Road, Ballintoy will commence on Monday 15 November 2021.
The works will extend for a distance of approximately 1.45 kilometres and will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
Minister Mallon said:
“This significant investment will improve this section of the road network to the benefit of local residents and those who travel through the area. I would like to thank the public and local residents in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a road closure between the hours of 7.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 15 November until Sunday 28 November 2021. During these times a diversion will be in place via Whitepark Road-Straid Road-Maghery Road-Ballinlea Road and vice versa.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 28 November 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Council receives an update on roads infrastructure projects for Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area 30 November 2021
- Minister Mallon confirms extra Capital Grant Funding of £2million for Councils to deliver Greenway and Active Travel Projects 30 November 2021
- Mallon announces public information events for Cookstown Bypass Scheme 29 November 2021
- Ministers launch public consultation on All Island Strategic Rail Review 29 November 2021