A £315,000 resurfacing scheme on the A2 Limavady Road between Glendermott Road and Ebrington is due to commence on 6 March 2023.
The works will start at Dales Corner and continue northeastwards to the Ebrington right turn lane a distance of 450 metres. The works are scheduled to last for two weeks and will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
To help ensure the safety of road users and workers it will be necessary to implement localised lane closures initially with a full road closure to follow when the carriageway works commence.
Work will be restricted to between the hours of 9.30 am to 4.30 pm. Most of the work can be accommodated by lane closures, but a full road closure shall be required to facilitate the final surfacing works. This shall be completed between the hours of 7.00pm to 6.00am (Sunday - Thursday) commencing on Sunday 26 March for approximately two weeks.
Access for residents and landowners will be maintained and a diversion route will be signed but delays should be expected.
Road users are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling in the vicinity of the road works.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- The Travel Survey for Northern Ireland Headline Report 2021 has been published today 30 March 2023
- A28 Loughgilly resurfacing – Sunday 2 April closure 30 March 2023
- The Public Transport Statistics Northern Ireland 2021-22 statistical report 29 March 2023
- Statistical Press Release – Travel to and from school by children in Northern Ireland 2021/22 23 March 2023