A £310,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Main Street and Banbridge Road, Waringstown will start on Monday 20 August 2018.
The works will involve partial reconstruction and resurfacing of the carriageway on Main Street and Banbridge Road, from Cambrai Heights to Clare Road, a distance of approximately 1km. This will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be complete by Saturday 8 September 2018.
A full road closure on Main Street and Banbridge Road, Waringstown will be in place as follows:
- 8.00 am Monday 20 August until 6.00 pm Sunday 26 August.
Following this the road will be closed overnight as follows:
- 7.00 pm - 6.00 am Monday 27 August until Saturday 8 September.
Traffic will be diverted via Lurgan, Gilford and Lawrencetown using: - A26 Banbridge Road, B3 Gilford Road/Plantation Road, and A50 Banbridge Road. Diversionary routes will be signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience. Drivers should, however, expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road users encouraged to be bike smart as Road Safety Week commences 19 November 2018
- Council gets update on infrastructure projects for Fermanagh and Omagh 19 November 2018
- £870,000 extension to Blacks Road Park and Ride facility to open 15 November 2018
- £150,000 road improvement schemes for Killyman, Dungannon 14 November 2018