A resurfacing scheme will commence on Monday 1 February 2021 on a section of the C663 Dublin Road from the traffic signals at Great Northern Slip Road to Belvedere Park.
The resurfacing scheme, which is approximately 650 metres in length, will also include the provision a cycle track/footway on the western side of Dublin Road.
This will provide enhanced facilities for pedestrians and cyclists.
Minister Mallon said:
“The Dublin Road is a busy thoroughfare for local people as they go about their daily lives in cars, on bikes and on foot. This much needed investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of all who use it.
“I am committed to increasing the opportunities for active travel and I am pleased that space is being provided in this scheme for people who want to walk and cycle. This is one of many similar schemes which, when completed, will greatly enhance the cycling infrastructure within the Omagh area for future generations.”
In order to complete the scheme safely, it will be necessary to introduce some lane closures and operate traffic control measures for the duration of the works.
A full road closure will be required for approxinmately one week for the provision of the final carriageway surfacing and road markings. Diversion signs will be in place.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey.
Completion of these works will take approximately 12 weeks subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road improvement scheme for Derrylee Road, Maghery 02 March 2021
- Resurfacing scheme for A46 Belleek Road, at The Brooke, Enniskillen 02 March 2021
- Extension of appointments to the Drainage Council for Northern Ireland 02 March 2021
- Resurfacing Scheme for A20 Rowreagh Road, Kircubbin 26 February 2021