A £293,000 resurfacing scheme has commenced on the A6 Dungiven Road, Londonderry.
The works involve resurfacing a section of the road heading eastwards from Rossdowney Road to Altnagelvin Roundabout.
To facilitate the resurfacing it will be necessary to implement a number of full road closures. In order to minimise disruption to traffic these closures will be in place over a number of weekends from 8.00 pm on Friday to 6.00 am on Monday. Lane closures will operate outside of these periods.
A diversion via A514 Crescent Link and A1002 Limavady Road will be available. Access for local residents and businesses will be accommodated.
Road users should expect some delays and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
The work is subject to favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.TrafficwatchNI.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £106,000 road improvement scheme for Belt Road, Londonderry 16 March 2018
- £245,000 road improvement scheme for Racecourse Road, Londonderry 16 March 2018
- £75,000 road improvement scheme for Drumnacanvy Road, Portadown 12 March 2018
- Consultation opens on Residents' Parking Scheme for Rossville Street area 12 March 2018