A £280,000 street lighting upgrade scheme on the A2 Newry Road, Warrenpoint is due to commence on Monday 14 September 2020.
The scheme will involve the removal of existing street lights which will be replaced with a new LED street lighting system. The new lights will be on passively safe poles to improve road safety in the event of a collision and the work will also include full replacement of all the underground cables.
The Department has carefully programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. All work involving lane closures will be carried out during off peak times between 9.00 am and 4.00 pm (Monday to Friday). Road users should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress and on favourable weather conditions. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
Subject to weather conditions, the scheme is expected to be completed by the end of October 2020.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020