A £280,000 resurfacing and reconstruction scheme will commence on Lower Ballinderry Road, Lisburn on Monday 21 October.
The work along the entire section of Lower Ballinderry Road, between the A26 Moira Road and B12 Crumlin Road will improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
To facilitate the resurfacing a road closure will be in operation from Monday to Friday between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via Soldierstown Road / Aghalee Road / Station Road, Glenavy and Moira Road. The diversion will be clearly signed.
The Department has carefully programmed the work and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise disruption, however, road users may experience some delays and should allow additional time when planning any journeys. Access for residents will be maintained throughout the scheme.
It is expected the work will be substantially completed by late December. This is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other road improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £160,000 resurfacing scheme for Donaghmore Road, Dungannon 18 November 2019
- Road Safety Week: Beware the Dangers on Rural Roads 17 November 2019
- £360,000 resurfacing scheme for the Lisnaskea Road, Lisnaskea 12 November 2019
- £120,000 resurfacing scheme on Cottage Road, Killeen 07 November 2019