A £280,000 resurfacing scheme on the Ballygomartin Road, Belfast is due to commence on Monday 25 February 2019.
The works, which will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road, are to be carried out on a stretch from West Circular Road to Springmartin Road.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure from 9.30 am until 4.00 pm between Monday 25 February and Monday 11 March (Monday to Friday only).
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and road users are asked to comply with signs and exercise due care and attention in the vicinity of the works. While access will be maintained for residents, parking will not be permitted on this section of Ballygomartin Road while work is ongoing and residents are requested to park outside the works area during this time.
Completion by 11 March will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £90,000 resurfacing scheme on A3 Cavan Road 11 December 2019
- The Department for Infrastructure announces the appointment of Chair to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners (LPHC) 10 December 2019
- £253,000 resurfacing scheme on Head Road, Kilkeel 04 December 2019
- UPDATE: £475,000 resurfacing scheme for Millisle Road, Donaghadee 29 November 2019