A £270,000 resurfacing scheme on the Caherty Road, Broughshane will commence on Monday 25 March 2019.
The scheme which extends from the Woodside Road/Deerfin Road junction to the Aghandore Road Junction, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by 19 April 2019.
To ensure the safety of road users and road workers a full road closure will be in operation daily from 7.00 am to 6.00 pm from Monday 25 March until Friday 19 April. Access for residents will be facilitated.
A two-way diversion will be in operation on the following roads:
B94 Rathkeel Road – A42 Raceview Road – Woodside Road
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
The public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Infrastructure Minister announces extensions for driving licences, resumption of IVA testing and other DVA services 26 May 2020
- Sydenham Bypass to be closed this weekend 20 May 2020
- DfI statement on Casement Park planning application 20 May 2020
- "Innovative green infrastructure is key to recovery” says Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon 15 May 2020