A £265,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Ballylough Road, Castlewellan will commence on Monday 7 January 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 1.5km from its junction with the Drumnaquoile Road to beyond its junction with the Ballywillwill Road. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road and improve road drainage.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 9.00 am and 4.30 pm from Monday 7 January 2019 until Friday 25 January 2019.
During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic diverted via A25 Ardnabannon Road/ Castlewellan Road, A24 Newcastle Road/Drumaness Road and the B175 Spa Road/Dunmore Road/Edendarriff Road/Ballylough Road.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings Monday to Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Work is expected to be completed by 25 January 2019 however this will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £155,000 resurfacing scheme on A2 Seaview, Warrenpoint 22 January 2019
- £287,000 road improvement scheme for Drumlegagh, Co. Tyrone 18 January 2019
- £230,000 road improvement scheme for Strathfoyle, Londonderry 17 January 2019
- £110,000 road improvement scheme on A29 Dungannon Road, Cookstown 17 January 2019